Thursday, March 3

The Countdown

I had my first waist down doctors appointment last Friday (I'm on a weekly schedule now), and it was a little more invasive than I thought it would be! Not terrible, but it took me by surprise. I love my doctor and she said for the past couple weeks she's had a feeling Gemma (everyone calls her by her name now) will come early.  More of a mid March baby than an end of March baby.  I'm hoping she's a baby whisperer and is right. We're thinking the week before Easter, but maybe sooner! The week before Easter would be perfect. Thursday night my boss threw me the most darling baby shower and baby G got 5 stuffed bunnies! Each so soft and cute. Pretty sure the universe telling us something... Anyway, I was 50% effaced but not dilated and this little love is in the perfect position and there isn't a chance she'll flip back at this point. That made me a happy momma. My doctor is so funny and laughs in astonishment when she measures me because she thinks I'll measure small and I'm always right where I should be. From a medical perspective I've had the perfect pregnancy. I'm praying that the next couple weeks go just as perfect. I'm getting antsy to meet my girl but need a couple more weeks to get ready.  I got my whooping cough booster and my to do list isn't much longer. Mostly just a few necessities ($$$) we need to purchase and we're ready! I hope... I took Maternity photos Sunday with my friend Amanda. I'm glad I decided to have them done. I got the images back today, here is a sneak peek:

Tuesday March arrived and with it birthdays and birth days. I turned 26 (Jordan turned 27 last week- this year birthdays were quiet and simple) and we got the good news baby is fully engaged and I have started to dilate! This girl is ready to be here already! I got the go ahead to take one last trip with Jord down to St. George for a few days and then it seems like the next week we could very well be having a baby!! My doctor was a little nervous to check me because she could tell Gemma had dropped even lower. In 3 days I dilated from nothing to a 1. We're cruising along! My mom always dilated very quickly so we may be packing the car seat and Gemma's hospital bag just in case for our trip... Eek! It's all happening! 

No comments: