Friday, March 11

Still Pregnant


More shots from my maternity shoot with the talented Amanda! 

How far along? 38 weeks! That's full term! The conversation has changed from "You're so small!" to "It looks like you've dropped!" which is a welcome change. Even though I kind of wish the fact she dropped weeks ago meant she was here already... 

Maternity Clothes? Nope, but I am so ready to be done with the clothing I've been cycling through that still fits. 

Sleep: I still get plenty of z's (usually over 8 hours) but I wake up exhausted. It's not a deep sleep. Last night I felt so achy, kind of sick, couldn't get comfortable and just bleh. I woke up every 2 hours and was having lots of braxton hicks. 

Best moment this week: Getting to take one last trip just Jord and I. St George was sunny and relaxing. Too relaxing... 



Miss anything? My jeans.  

Movement: Yes, and it's bittersweet. Of course I want to feel her move and know she's okay in there, but oh my gosh it hurts. She's out of room. 

Food cravings: French Toast. Really feeling the sweet breakfast foods lately. Also Chik-Fil-A has sounded tasty the pay few days. 

Gender: Girl. Confirmed again via ultrasound Tuesday. I measured the same again so my doctor is thinking for the rest of this pregnancy we'll check in on baby girl to make sure my amniotic fluid levels are good. Not the most exciting ultrasound- it's so squished in there you can't see much. Baby was measuring about 6.5 lbs and everything looked good. 

Labor Signs: Lots. Both my doctor and I were expecting me to be dilated more than I was but again, I think St. George was too relaxing for me so we'll see how Tuesday's appt goes. 

Belly Button in or out? In. I think we can assume it will not pop out at this point. Phew. If I go over my due date we'll probably set an induction due to my doctors concerns about my amniotic fluid levels and my mom leaving the country. I'm really hoping I go into labor on my own though! 

Weddings rings on or off? On. No swelling for me. However I noticed one teeny tiny stretch mark today. Nooo! At least I'm pretty sure it's a stretch mark... UPDATE: Not a stretch mark. Phew!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Sad and emotional.  I've been missing Blue and crying about it, cried over selling Jordan selling his Triumph (I loved that bike), disappointed this baby isn't here yet even though I would prefer her to wait a week more. I'm a patient person but not knowing my timeline has been rough on me. I really haven't cried much this pregnancy other than over losing Blue and this last week. Time to be done being pregnant! 

Looking forward to: Meeting this little one! I'm dying to see her little face and her hair color and get to know her. I'm also oddly excited to experience labor. I'm looking forward to the challenge of trying to have a natural birth. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. You look beautiful pregnant. I can't believe Gemma is here and this post is history now. I'm excited to see your blog posts about Her. Love you. πŸ‘ΆπŸΌπŸ’—