Wednesday, November 4

HALFWAY

Here are few thoughts I've had in my head at the halfway mark of this pregnancy, in no particular order-

I may have an Easter babe. She'll be the cutest chick ever. 

My mom leaves less than two weeks after my due date for Europe. We both have anxiety about it. 

I got asked for the first time last weekend if I am pregnant in public. I felt defeated for a moment because I've been pretty good about concealing the small bump I do have. I'll have to learn to embrace it from here on out. 

On Halloween Eve I felt baby girl move for the first time! I was 19 weeks. It felt kind of like a pulse 3 distinct times. She must love holidays like her momma because almost every monumental event with this girl has been marked with a holiday. 

I am so ready to have her nursery set up and ready, but first I need to focus on Christmas. It makes me sad she won't be here yet, but I'm looking forward to all the delicious meals I get to indulge on this Holiday season. 

I feel so lucky to be able experience pregnancy. Jordan and I spent a few years thinking we weren't going to be able to have kids on our own without fertility treatments, if that would even work... Yet somehow we got pregnant 100% naturally. I sit in awe a lot thinking about this miracle I've been blessed with. I'm am getting everything I always dreamed of. I have an incredible husband and now I get my own sweet baby girl. 

This pregnancy has been pretty smooth and I'm grateful for that. However my complaints so far about pregnancy would be back pain and morning sickness. I have had back pain as long as I can remember and pregnancy might just break my back. Nightly stretching has become a must. My morning sickness hit at 6 weeks and started tapering off at 12 weeks, then came back at 18 weeks. I'm hoping it goes away soon. Throwing up multiple times a day isn't great, but if thats what it takes to have a healthy baby girl I'll take it. 

I miss eating healthy. Before getting pregnant I was eating a mostly veggie and fruit diet. I've always struggled getting enough protein into my diet and since being pregnant veggies and fruit don't cut it. I made a healthy vegitarian rice bowl for dinner last night and it all came back up. 

I'm grateful for all the love and support we've received from friends and family as we prepare to bring this little lady into the world. I think I enjoy receiving baby gifts more than receiving gifts for myself.

I don't enjoy ultrasounds like I feel like a probably should. My anatomy scan about killed me it was so long and I don't gush over the images and don't even have them hanging on the fridge currently. However there is a video clip we got at our last appointment of baby girl kicking her little legs and it makes me so happy every time I watch the clip. 

Jordan was telling me he hope she looks just like me the other day. While I hope she resembles me quite a bit and I melted a bit when he said that, I also hope she takes after her dad in a few ways. I think he's pretty good looking. :)

I'm excited and nervous to experience the second half of pregnancy. Jord and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring and all it will bring. 

19 weeks: Celebrating Halloween with Scarlett and Blue. 

1 comment:

Mara and Jae said...

i can't believe you're halfway already! your pregnancy is flying by for me ;) haha. and don't be scared to show off that (really small and barely noticeable still) bump you have. it's a great thing and you are gonna rock that pregnant lady bump!