Sunday, September 28

KWJ Business Trip

I'm sure most people know I work at a women's boutique, but that's not really what I do. I work for a local jewelry designer. I manage her women's jewelry and clothing boutique in the 9th in 9th and typically work 8 hours a week at the shop, however I cover lots of shifts on a regular basis. I work 9-5 Mon-Fri, which means majority of the time I'm at work I'm not at the shop. Most of my time is spent actually making jewelry and and managing other various things for Katie. We have an office in the Art Space's on 4th W. and 850 S. and that's where you will usually find me. Since I make most of the jewelry one of the fun benefits of my job is getting to take all of our jewelry samples to market in the Bay Area to sell to boutique owners or buyers from all over California. It's Katie's favorite market to attend because of the loyal buyers, and the small and affordable market. Luckily I get to go in her place now and get to bring Jordan along for some man power. The market is in San Mateo about 45min outside of downtown San Francisco, and about a 1/2 hour away from my grandparents home in San Leandro. We stayed with my grandparents our first night in town before work took over and we had a lot of fun the whole trip. We visted my moms family, it was so good to see all of them. Sight saw at the pier, downtown, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Oakland LDS temple. Ate a lot of good food. And enjoyed each other's company. It was a successful business trip! 

The Oakland Temple. This is the temple my parents were married. 


It was the Oakland Temple's 50th anniversary while we were there. 

The Bay Bridge

Cruising around downtown. Driving in San Francisco was frustrating to Jordan to say the least. 

Market time! Setting up is quite the task. It's like setting up a mini store in one afternoon. 

It was a slower market, but still worth the trip. Thanks, KWJ! 







1 comment:

Mara and Jae said...

glad you guys had fun! maybe jae and i will tag along next year and make a trip out of it :) i've been wanting to visit SF for awhile.