I don't want to forget about the past few weeks so I figured I better blog, since this is my quickest form of journaling and I don't have much extra time right now. Jordan and I bought a house together! We fell in love with a home in Salt Lake City near Liberty Park and made it ours. It's been a whirlwind month since we put in an offer and when we officially moved in this past week. We found the listing of the home, looked and it, and put an offer in and were under
contract in a matter of 3 days.
Crazy! It's been a little over a month now and we're in OUR HOME. Doing home owner stuff, like going to the local hardware multiple times day. We closed on Thursday August 21st, and left our apartment almost completely packed up to leave the next day for KWJ business trip to San Francisco (Jordan got to tag along, and yes I have the best job). San Francisco is a whole other post. We arrived home at nearly midnight Tuesday night, August 26th, and hurried over to our realtors home to get the keys to our house! Wednesday Jordan had class and I went into the office for a bit. I took off work early to pick Jordan up from school, then we hurried to Bountiful to pick up Blue from my grandparents and get my parents SUV to aid in moving. On our first trip to the house since it being officially ours, Blue in tow, Jordan insisted on carrying me over the threshold. It was so dreamy I couldn't believe it was real life. There we were, the 3 of us, it OUR own house! We, with the help of Jordan's brothers Jae and Jaron and his mom, were all moved in that night. I'm still attempting to pick up the pieces from our move. We've been doing some minor renovations and updates to our upstairs so we can rent it out while we renovate and live in the basement apartment. With the renovations it's making it a bit hard to settle in, so it doesn't quite feel like home yet, but it will soon enough I'm sure. Blue and I miss our apartment over in the Marmalade District like crazy, it was a bit rough saying our last goodbye and leaving our keys on Sunday night- But we are excited for life on the other side of town. I'll try to keep things updated here, but I'm much better at keeping my Instagram current. Follow our journey with the hashtag #horrocksheadquarters. Here's to new adventures! Cheers!
2 comments:
Congrats, this is so exciting!! Can't wait to see all your projects!!
So so exciting! It definitely has potential for some great curb appeal so it's a good thing you snatched it up quickly! Can't wait to see more!
Post a Comment