Jordan and I have lived in our little (little? Maybe because we are confined to the basement it feels smaller than it actually is) city cottage for a little over 2 months now. We initially didn't even unpack really, just started busting out a mini renovation on our upstairs. New paint, some trim here and there, a renovated tub/shower, some deep cleaning, electrical work etc... We are now attempting to pour our heart and soul into our basement apartment since we now sort of have tenants renting our upstairs! Woot! Sort of as in they actually haven't moved in but have paid rent so it's all good. Can I get another woot? We haven't made the biggest dent downstairs with Jordan working full time and doing the whole school thing full time, but we'll get there. We are unpacked and actually using real dishes and silverware now so that's progress! I even made dessert on Sunday! Anyway, here are some pictures of our upstairs. Maybe I'll get around to showing you the basement sometime next year.
My favorite features of our Tudor style home are the wooden shutters, the wooden door with the window that opens from inside!, the decorative window to the right of the front door and that whole little part of the house and the arch above the doors with the metal tubes above. So much character!
Our little sun nook! My personal favorite part of the upstairs. It has an awesome decorative sconce and outlet cover that I love, love, love. The paint color, Beehive from Valspar, is so much prettier in the sun.
We need to renovate the fireplace a bit, but those details and curved ceiling! 😍
Also, the curtains were left by the past owner. If I was living upstairs they would be coming down pronto.
The paint color we used throughout most of the upstairs is Bistro from Valspar. I almost wished we had used it exclusively, but I like a bit of color.
The dining room with a built in hutch! I want to paint it a fun color when we move upstairs.
Bedroom #1. There are nice overhead fans in all the bedroom. Which makes me sad because they're really not my style.
Bedroom #2/office. The Blue is Porcelain from Valspar. I had specific decor in mind when I picked out this color, and it's versitile.














3 comments:
wahoo, love it! i've been meaning to ask you about the renters and how that's all going. glad you're finally actually getting settled.
Such a great house! Love the colors you've picked. Can't wait to see more.
Love what you have done so far. Show us your basement. We all want to see where you're living. Good or bad. :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment