Tuesday, April 8

Me & My Body

I've always been fairly thin and healthy. I didn't gain weight after I got married, and Jordan and I both lead pretty healthy active lives. (Although I've never kept a scale in my home, I don't believe in obsessing over a number...) However, I want more out of my body than good genes and being 'fairly thin and healthy'. I want to be fit. I want to have a healthy relationship with food. My health kicks have come and gone in spurts. I think the only healthy thing I've stuck to since getting married is banning cereal from my  home, and I believe that's one of the best things I've ever done for my husband and myself. 

This month I've gone on sugar, grain, and dairy free diet. No processed food. Just good, wholesome, real food. I've been doing something active or exercising 4-5 times a week. I look great and more inportantly feel great. We are allowing ourselves one treat a week, one meal OR dessert. Can I tell you how much of a difference I noticed after I ate my cheat meal this past week after 6 days of healthy/clean eating? We had Italian last week and the next morning I felt so bloated and blah. It was so apparent! I want this to be a life long change. I want this for Jord and I, and I want this for our future family. I don't expect perfection, but I want to make more of an effort for myself and the people I love most. We'll probably implement healthy grains like brown rice and quinoa and maybe some cheese here and there after this month, but I really want to stick as close as I can manage to a sugar, grain, and dairy free diet. 

I'm enjoying this challenge, although it's hard, I'm ready for a better me. Xx. Chels 

2 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

good call, my dear. good call! jae and I talk all the time about needing to change how we eat and start regularly exercising. and we always go in spurts too. it's hard, but we've gotta do it! much easier with others doing it too. we can keep eachother in check ;) xo

mary plus vince said...

What we put in our bodies definitely makes a difference in how we feel. We have been talking lately about really getting our butts in gear with our food habits... We both run several times a week and are also doing T25 daily but the best results come when we eat better too. You guys are awesome, thanks for the inspiration to be better!! Good luck!!