Thursday, June 6

Family

I'm sitting in my parents living room soaking up the morning light as I type this. Baby brother Lance just left for school. He told me he loved me twice before heading out the door, it made my heart pitter patter a bit. He also told me the flowers I cut from the yard and arranged were beautiful. I love that (not so little anymore) boy. He graduates from elementary school tomorrow and it makes me want to cry. I want to lock him up and keep him this age forever. Of course I said that when he was 7, 9 and 11 too... Jordan and I are staying with Andrew and Lance while my parents celebrate their 25th anniversary in Chicago. I'm so glad they found each other.  I love my family.
I've been thinking a lot about family lately. I had a brand new cousin (though with the age difference I feel like I should be her aunt) born yesterday. Her name is Elsa and she's adorable. My sister in law, Audree, keeps taking all these adorable pictures of Jordan with her boys. I love seeing Jordan with his nephews. However amid the happy times there are always the sad. Last Tuesday was Jordan's grandmothers funeral in Vermont. We weren't able to attend, but our hearts were there. I know quite a few people in my life currently struggling with loss and tragedy. It makes my heart hurt and makes me want to hold my family even tighter. I'm grateful for the family I was given, for the one I married into, and my own little family. I love each and every one of you and I'm grateful for your presence in my life. Sending love to all those who are in need of it right now- I hope you have peace in your life soon. Xx. 




This photo is really bad quality for some reason. :(








2 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

love this post & love you.

Anonymous said...

Love you Bean & Jord!
Sorry to hear about his grandma. Thank goodness we'll all be together again. :)
See ya soon.