Friday, May 10

Year Two

Tuesday Jordan and I celebrated our two year anniversary. Just two? Really? We've known each other for SEVEN years now... Dated for four, engaged for one, married for two. I do have to say the past two have been our best. I really can't decide if every year gets better or if that's just perspective... Either way, year two was really good to us.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I tend to 'day dream' a lot about different experiences, challenges, and adventures Jordan and I will have in this life together. It's not uncommon for me to start tearing up when I do this because I love that man an incredible amount. I look forward to each day I get to spend with him.

For our anniversary I was spoiled, as usual... We did a whole lot of shopping- yay for new summer sandals and tops! Of course the flowers from my last post, they are starting to wilt and it makes me so sad. Pedicures so I can wear sandals without being embarrassed. A new little Red Eyed Waxbill Finch and new huge aviary to fit both Echo and new nameless bird, (I'm rooting for Twiggy but Jord isn't a fan). A short and sweet one night stay up in beautiful Park City. We saw Iron Man 3 in the theater- We have a thing with the Avenger movies. Iron Man was the first movie we saw as a couple and we have seen an Avenger movie every May since we've been married- Thor on our honeymoon in Aruba, The Avengers last year and Iron Man 3 this year :). And of course dinner to top it all off- this is silly but the day we were married we had our sealing quite early and a mid day reception. Everything was done and over with at 2:00pm and we were downtown in a hotel before 2:30pm with a red eye flight to Aruba. Once 5:00pm rolled around I was starving from such a long busy day and all I wanted was Olive Garden, ha! So we walked on over to OG and walked back to our hotel and ate OG in our hotel bed. As soon as I ate I crashed, but I love the memory of walking to OG on my wedding day in the beautiful weather. It's now a tradition to eat there every anni we have. I loved every minute of our day together this year, it made me feel incredibly lucky and blessed.

Thanks for being my man, Jordan. Thank you for making me feel beautiful and loved. Here's to year three and everything that will come with it. Xx.







3 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

What a sweet post. You guys sure are great together. Glad you had a great anniversary and love that you have fun traditions.

Cheri

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the same exact thing Cheri said. :)
You two are the perfect couple.
Love your cute sandals and new little finch. (Make sure one doesn't bully the other. we had problems with our 2 and had to get rid of 1).
Anyway, happy you had a great 2nd. Time goes so quickly when you are happy.
Love you! See you in June. :)

Mara and Jae said...

haha! so you did get the bird and cage! remember all my pestering questions about your bird knowledge a couple weeks ago.... ;) i just hadn't had a chance to ask you about it all yet, so i wasn't sure what you ended up getting. love it! cheers to year #3 loves.