Wednesday, May 1

May First Two Thousand Thirteen

I was thinking about months today... Seeing as today is the start of May and May is one of my favorite months.
Cinco De Mayo (true Mexican food lover right here!), mine and the hus' anniversary, Memorial Day- which for me is the official summer kick off... It's just a good month, you know?
Anyway, I was feeling a little juvenile about time in general, with May being here and Summer almost upon us. I feel like Summer is almost over already. I feel like I blinked and the trees suddenly had all their leaves... And just like that January had come and gone. Along with resolutions and plans for this year. May will be gone before I know it. And then the year is halfway over.
I get caught up in the motions of life- just another trip to the grocery store, living for the weekends, one wedding down for the month four more to go... I think I need to enjoy each day more. I define if Wednesday will be just as wonderful of a day as Friday. Not that I shouldn't look forward to things in my life, but I need to enjoy the now. Or before I know it, it will be September and I'll be left with the feeling I missed out on so much that this year had to offer.

"Lost time is never found again"
-Benjamin Franklin

"The best thing about the future is it comes one day at a time"
-Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

AGREED!!!! you totally said it. well we'll enjoy this saturday, at least :)

ashnicole said...

I feel the same way! I look so forward to the weekends that I take little things during the week for granted.