I had two weddings I worked this weekend, but Jordan and I managed to squeeze in some quality time together.
First we hiked to Donut Falls, it was the perfect weekend to do this hike! There is snow on the trail still so it made it a bit harder and more rewarding at the falls. We both were able to catch some sun in shorts and tanks, (poor Jord got burned), and although we both felt silly hiking in summer attire trudging through the snow, we quite enjoyed it. Other than when my leg fell through the snow, once for each leg, and now I have the equivalent of road rash up to both knees with bruises to match. Also, cruising through the canyon in the Mini Coop, so fun. Love that car.
Besides good food and our hike, the thing I loved about our weekend is we decided to put together a cactus and succulent planter. The bowl is from Target (on sale $9.99!), and most of the plants are from Lowes. All together it was under $50, which isn't bad at all. Every time I look at it, I smile. It's exactly what I was picturing.
I can't wait to see what fun this next weekend will bring, Spring is finally here and I can't get enough of it. Xx.







3 comments:
CUTE cactus planter thingy!! i love it! i want to make one now!
and jealous of your hike. i told jae last week i wanted to do a hike last saturday, but we ran around doing a million other things and never got around to it :( maybe this weekend.
Ouch! Hope you heal fast.
Cute planter. You have a great eye for that.
I've never been on that hike. It sounds fun.
Sorry Jord got too much sun. It kind of feels good after a long winter....I think. :)
Love doughnut falls, bummer about your legs though! This just made me itch to get out and go hiking.
Your cactus plant looks amaaazing. You must be a professional florist or something ;)
Post a Comment