Thursday, February 7

Living for the Weekend

So much has been going on! I'll give you a brief run down:

Friday I met up with my sister Audree for lunch and to snuggle her new little man. Holding babies is bittersweet for me- Freaks me out, but I love the snuggles.

Jordan's dad came into town and came over Friday night. The whole family went out to dinner Saturday night which was nice. Blue Lemon has divine sugar cookies, in case you were wondering. Which you were, I'm sure.

We went to the gun show. Jordan is interested in getting something small to keep in the house for protection. While we were there, we saw our neighbor. I wonder what he's packing...

The Super Bowl. I'm fairly certain I'm the only American woman who missed half time and saw most of the rest of the game. Sorry Beyonce! Just kidding, I'm not sorry, (I'm still bitter she stole my dogs name). I'm bummed about my "hometown" losing. However, Jordan was quite animated throughout the game, that was fun.

We ate too much this past week: Blue Lemon, Happy Sumo, China Star (thanks Karen!), Pizza, Cafe Rio, Paces Dairy Ann (thank mum!), wings, fried pickles (homemade by me, they were so good), mozzarella sticks, caramel malts... Yeah, we're fat. Now we are on the path for clean and healthy eating. The cupboards have been cleaned out. All sweets have been tossed. No more cereal, chips, buttered popcorn. SAY NO TO PROCESSED FOOD. We watched a couple documentaries to give us a boost since it had been on my mind. My motivation is I want to do this before Jordan and I have kids so when we do, it's not as hard and our kids are healthy.

While we are on the topic, I also have been getting into essential oils (DoTERRA) and natural beauty tricks. Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Coconut Oil... Any tips or experiences using essential oils or mentioned products: Give them to me! Ps, I've found my kitchen is the perfect place to jumprope. High ceilings, tile, bottom floor. Who knew...

Every time I go to the Salt Lake Temple I swear it's closed... I'm glad Bountiful isn't far away, but my word, it was packed for a Wednesday morning.

And I saved the best for last! Ellie Goulding in concert. She was so good. SO good. We stood with our friends Jenna and Devan. Devan said it best, "Ellie brings out these creatures", people are strange. Thank heaven for the 21+ area. Anyway, we had a killer view. She sang all my favorites except Ritual, but I still love you Ellie. It was a good night.

I think that's a wrap. I've been busy busy. If you have any amazing recipes send them my way. The hardest part about healthy eating is dinner recipes. I'm not being crazy about eating 100% clean, I still want to go out to eat Friday nights and enjoy life- BUT we want to do the best we can other days of the week and eat as clean as we can manage. Thanks for reading my scrambled thoughts. Xx.

4 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

i heard the slc temple was closed now too (renovations). and yes, bountiful was packed when we went too!

we also REALLY need to starting eating cleaner too. i like that word, too...eating clean.

Unknown said...

ugh, clean eating seems so hard. i don't know if i can give up my cheerios and popcorn. you'll have to keep us updated on how it's going. i am doing 5 sugar free days a month which is a good start for me, we both know i love the sweets!

so glad you guys enjoyed the concert! i was so annoyed when they moved it from the depot to saltair...and i didn't even buy tickets!

jhorrocks said...

Thanks for the post. You inspired me NOT to eat another cake donut. :)

Two months ago I started the Oil Cleansing Method for washing my face and I LOVE it. I'm still working out some wrinkles, but my face feels more moisturized than it ever has in my life. So, if you wanted another natural way to beautify, there it is.

Have a great weekend. Our husbands should study less.

Kesley said...

I've been really into the natural beauty and clean eating as well! I'm gonna do a post soon on what I've been using. I'd love to see what you're using, how you like it, results, etc.

I've been using Cod Liver Oil, sugar for exfoliating my face (switching to organic this weekend) and washing my face every night with honey (wow amazing). I'm getting a little obsessed with the natural beauty remedies now.