Wednesday, January 23

TYLT

You asked for it so here it is.

I was hired by a local model scout to promote TYLT, a company based out of California who specializes in mobile charging devices, up at Sundance. I had four shifts, talking points to go over, a video to watch, made one conference call to discuss the events, and had the location. Essentially I was to be a human charging station promoting the Energi Backpack.

All of this was taking place at the Claim Jumper on Main. I didn't know much about the company or what was to be going on except what was discussed over the phone and what was in the emails they sent me. When I got up and the entire place was swarmed with security and fencing I was a little surprised. Luckily the security guard I spoke with was very kind and took me downstairs to wait until the event started. At 10pm I put my neon jumpsuit on and the fun started. Every night I worked with one other model. This first night was the most intense. We could hardly move it was so packed. Lots of people having a "good" time. That night ended around 1:30. No celeb sightings that night, but this was the night Jordan Schur, a producer of Warrior with Tom Hardy, asked for my contact info and wanted to meet with me.

Night 2 started at 9pm and went until around midnight. This party was Thomas Lennon's, you may know him from What to Expect When You're Expecting or 17 Again. A costar from What to Expect Wen You're Expecting, Rob Huebel was there also. I also met Jason Issac this night, Lucius Malfoy off HP, but didn't know until a waiter told me Tuesday night. When we got home Jordan found Thomas Lennon's twitter and he had tweeted the picture he took with me and the other model. He also started following me on twitter! Kind of cool. This was one of my favorite nights. Short and sweet. It wasn't packed but we still got a lot of attention and promoted TYLT.

Monday night I was supposed to work but the event was canceled, it was nice to have a break. Last night was fun. I got to Claim Jumper at 4:30 and walking from my car to Claim I saw Rooney Mara getting in her car! While we were sitting in front of the window one of the workers pointed out to us the Matthew McConuaghey was up the street getting in a car! This night we had a table set up promoting other TYLT products, car chargers, battery packs and the backpacks. This event was also a bit intense, when you have free product people flock to you. We met THE Dude The Big Lebowski was based on, he was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, Amanda Seyfried and Adam Brody were beneath my feet this night in the basement at the Lace Love dinner and I didn't even know!! Not cool life. I would have loved to meet both of them. I got to leave around 9pm and got to take home some cool TYLT product as well. It was a great time and that wraps up my Sundance experience. Visit TYLT.com if you're curious about the company and their product!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Now go eat some chocolate!!!
Love you. :)