Sunday, September 16

A Gold Star

For my husband, who is awesome at taking me on dates over the weekend. I love that guy. This weekend was no different...

Friday night we went and ate at the Pizza Pie Cafe on 5th South in Bountiful. It's a buffet and Jord loved it. It's not the best food, but it's good and the price is awesome for a buffet. We also hit up the Bountiful High Homecoming game. It was a good game. Bountiful creamed Cyprus, the drill team is always amazing to watch at 1/2 time, AND they had a firework show!

Last night we decided to hop on the motorcycle and go to one of the Dine O' Round participating restaurants, The Garden. I love the view of the Salt Lake Temple from up there. It is stunning and I'm in awe when I think of the circumstances which that temple was built under. The food was amazing. A cantaloupe bruschetta, braised short ribs and a scoop of ice cream for dessert. Annnd we also threw some fried pickles in there because they are to die for, and I love pickles. :) While eating I saw that there were people over on the conference center roof and decided Jord and I needed to go over after dinner and go on a tour. That building is amazing! I quite enjoyed the tour and recommend it if you're looking for something to do downtown. We enjoyed the company of the cutest little girl on the tour, she liked my lipstick, [I was sporting red for my Utes and Jord was appropriately dressed for the holy war also]. We topped off the night by stopping at Harmon's and buying a variety of tropical fruit. Bottom line- they add a whole bunch of sugar to products with tropical fruit to make it taste good. Ahah. However, I did make a dang good smoothie with what I had.

Thanks husband, for always being a gentlemen and treating your lady, xo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jord! Always have a date night. Especially after kids. :)
Love your pics. You too look adorable (as usual).

Mara and Jae said...

i love you guys. next time let's make it a double, eh?? ;) xo.

ashnicole said...

Fun stuff :) and Jordan shoes are the coolest! You're such a babe, thanks for your comment, you're so sweet. Thanks for not judging my rant ;)Now I want to plan a date to the conference center!