I've obviously had a good holiday from my absence. It's been so nice having Jord around and not in school. I'm sad school will be starting up next week. Here's what we've been up to the past couple weeks >>
Again, we moved. Yes, we live downtown now. Yes, it's been awesome. I love looking out my window and seeing the top spire of the SL Temple and the Capitol all lit up at night. I think it's a good spot for Jord and I.
Christmas Eve. Our celebration always starts Christmas Eve with my dads family. We celebrate my dads Birthday and have all sorts of traditions. Traditions usually include: A toast with sparkling cider (something along the lines of "may our wives and our lovers never meet" is usually said...), scripture reading about our saviors birth, Grandpa reading the Night before Christmas, a game of Christmas questions with prizes for the kids, and gift exchanges. This year I was my grams secret elf and helped her pick out a pair of Toms for everyone in the family. It was quite fun. Plus the entire family was there this year which made it even better. Jord and I planned to sleep over at my parents that night so we could be there Christmas morning when my brothers woke up. Christmas is much more fun when Santa still visits.
 |
| My parents tree. Sorry it's sideways |
Christmas. I woke up to a sore back around 6:45 and my brothers were
just waking up. Jord and I were spoiled by my parents with a wireless
printer and some kitchen stuff. Lance was a real cutie this year and
got SO excited over every one of his presents. We finished Christmas
morning off with a delicious breakfast and headed home to get ready for
church. We headed back to my parents ward for their meeting so we could
eat dinner with them after. Prime rib is my moms specialty for
Christmas dinner. After dinner it was Horrocks family time and we
headed to Jordan's mums. There we were treated to a delicious ham
dinner and I'm surprised I didn't explode at that point. We did gifts
and stockings, Jord's mom always does way too much for us on Christmas.
It was so fun. Jord even surprised me with a cart for my kitchen so I
have a bit more counter space, he's the sweetest. By the end of the
night we were all "Christmased" out. It was a wonderful Christmas this
year.
 |
| Classic Christmas morning shot. |
|
|
 |
| He was just a little excited. |
 |
| The cart Jord bought me. |
 |
| Stools Jord's mum got us & cork place mats from Crate and Barrel. |
 |
| Blue crashed while we opened presents. |
NYE. Jord and I had my brothers over for a sleepover. We had snacks, watched movies, and rang in the new year with streamers. We also had a great view of fireworks from the Galivan center. I then woke up at 7am to take them home so they could make it to 9am church. I don't like to get too complicated with resolutions, they are usually given up on or forgotten, so this year I want to focus on loving and living more. Too often I get caught up in myself and need to be more loving towards others, especially Jord. I also want to stop being so careful and step outside of my comfort zone and do more fun things, while Jord and I don't have kids or too many obligations. Thanks for all the good memories 2011... Here are highlights from 2011: February- Jord and I took our engagement pictures. March- I turned 21. May- Jord and I were married for eternity. June- We road tripped to California. August- Blue joined our family. October- We welcomed my grandparents home from their Germany mission. November- We spoke as a couple in church for the first time. December- We moves into our first apartment.
 |
| Midnight fireworks. |
 |
| The boys on New Years day. |
Here's to adventures in 2012, Happy New Year! Xo. Chels.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
2 comments:
You better not disappear! Sounds like a busy Christmas, oh the joys of big multiple families :) your kitchen looks dang cute from what I can tell! Are you loving your new place? I'm so jealous you're in the city. Happy new year!
Glad you two had a great Christmas!
We did aswell!!!
Hey- I made your Motzerella sticks last Friday night for dinner! They were so good!!! Thanks for being a blogger! I love seeing you guys so much!
:) Love you- Gretch
Post a Comment