Tuesday, January 17

Cleanse time.

After some research and hearing quite a bit about cleanses, I decided Jord and I would try it out. First let me say that from what I've read there are so many different approaches you can take... Try one that fits your lifestyle and is realistic. I planned out exactly what I wanted to do and I think that will keep us on track- I didn't want to be hungry for a week and I didn't want to feel like I was being punished. I wanted to be aware of what I'm eating, how often I'm eating, and the benefits to it.

So today was day one, I woke up at 6:30am to make Jord and I a 'Peach Energy' smoothie for him to have before he left for work. It included peaches, almond butter and agave nectar. For lunch we eat an actual meal, the salad I made was very similar to guacamole and I loved it! It had some cilantro, red onion, black beans, tomato, avacado, cucumber, lime with salt and pepper for taste. I also grilled some chicken up. For snacks at 10am & 3pm we can have a clementine and a few almonds. I also have been drinking a lot of water. For dinner we had a mango, banana, pineapple, spinach smoothie. Herbal tea was also recommended so we will throw that in at night sometimes.

So what do I think so far? I haven't noticed a difference in my energy level and I feel the same as I usually do, except a tad hungry for some baked goods. I usually snack all day so it's been hard to stick to scheduled foods and eating times. My head seems more clear, but it may just be a good day. I'll check back in later this week with some more info and how things are going. If you want more info about cleanses I found this website to be the most helpful- http://www.wholeliving.com/136191/detox-friendly-lunch-recipes/@center/144798/whole-body-action-plan#/27026

It's going to be an interesting week. Xx. Chelsea
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

ashnicole said...

Is yours just a week? Sounds like a good one to me. I'm not gonna make it our full 21 days cause I'm getting sick and it gets pricey, and I think a week is perfect! Your food looks yummy.

Emily said...

That salad looks super yummy, I'm going to have to try it, thanks for sharing!