Sunday, January 22

Sunday Ramblings



>>This little guy enjoys shredding tissues lately, grr. I suppose I shouldn't complain since that's the only thing he has ever chewed up.
>>Speaking of Blue, he loves having these 4 windows at the front of our apartment. He sits in the sun on top of the bean bag and people watches all day. It's quite amusing watching him jump up onto the bean bag, he has to try a few times but usually succeeds on the third attempt. (And yes, we have bean bags instead of a couch. We didn't need one living with Jordan's brother, then there is the conundrum of finding a couch that will fit up the tiny staircase to our apartment. Bean bags it is for now.)
>>So that cleanse. Fail. I was pretty good about for about 4 days. Then the weekend happened. I did learn to eat healthier things and I think I will keep up with healthy smoothies and lunches on weekdays. I was always hungry, I didn't notice much weight loss and I'm fairly happy with my body anyway. Then I didn't notice any other differences really. So in the end, cleanse are a no for this family. Eating healthier is a yes.
>>This weekend has been pretty fantastic. Friday after work Jord and I put on our Sunday best to attend the temple. We hadn't been to the Salt Lake Temple except for a sealing and I've been dying to go. One problem, it's closed for cleaning. So we headed to Bountiful to attend the Bountiful Temple. I'm so glad we did. At the front desk they asked if we would be interested in sealings, which I love doing. It's faster and Jord an I don't get separated. Score. After the session Jord and I were asked to stay behind. Uh oh. I thought we had made a mistake or we were in trouble. No, this cute old man wanted to thank us for the sweet spirit Jord and I brought to the session, wondered how long we had been married and was so glad we came. It made my night. We continued the night with trying out Wingnutz (I love wings, weird? A little), and finished the date off with meeting Jordan's co-worker and his date for a movie at the dollar theater. It was the best date night.
>>Yesterday, I let Jord sleep in and woke him up with pancakes. Later we went and picked up some Chinese take out. We spent the rest of the day lounging around, eating, watching movies, and Jord did some homework. I love those kinds of lazy Saturdays. Especially when the weather is frightful.
>>This morning Jord got called into work since Bountiful got so much snow. Which is apparently now ice since it was so wet... (For those of you who don't know, Jord fixes sprinklers for Bountiful City but in the winter plows sidewalks for them along with random tasks. He gets called in early some mornings and on the weekends whenever it snows). I'm praying he gets done soon so I don't have to go to church alone.
>>PanAm is on tonight! I know it's a silly show, but I'm so in love with that era- It's hands down my favorite. The clothing and furniture is to die for.

I hope you all have had a lovely weeked. Xx.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

Sister Kamille Amy Clifford said...

I love PanAm.

Gretch said...

Chels-
I love that you have a blog. I love to see you, Jordan and Blue!! I have been trying to stick to healthier eating lately!

We will be in Utah this July! Hope to see you then.
:)