Tuesday, December 6

Mozzarella Sticks

First I love cheese, so when it comes to melted cheese with a crisp crust dipped in marinara sauce, hello heaven. I'm obsessed with making these and have perfected them, so I'm going to share this tasty recipe with you. {Yes, I'm on my phone. So yes, the pictures are up top but go in order so just go along with it... Thanks!}

You will need:
String Cheese cut in half (I used 5 but usually use 8)
*You can also use regular Mozzarella, I just like how easy it is to use String Cheese
2 Eggs
2 Tablespoons of Milk
1 cup of Flour
1 cup of Bread Crumbs (I buy the Italian and love it, but you don't have to use the Italian)

Prep your string cheese. Then get 3 bowls out. In your first add your flour. In your second add your eggs and milk, mix together. In the third bowl add your bread crumbs.

You will now roll a piece of cheese in the flour until coated. Next drop it in the egg and milk mixture, I found it works best if you let it soak for a minute to help the bread crumbs stick. Now you will roll it in the bread crumbs. Make sure it is completely coated in crumbs, you don't want your cheese to leak out when you cook them. Keep going until all your cheese is done.

Now you will need to put the Mozzarella sticks in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.

Slowly heat oil to 350, don't turn your stove on higher than medium heat. If you have a thermometer, great. If not don't fret, I don't either. Throw a small piece of bread into your oil and if it sizzles when it touches the oil you're good to go.

I usually test one Mozzarella stick out first to make sure the temp is right, then adjust heat if needed. After my test one, I'll typically cook 3 at a time. Use a slotted spoon to retrieve from oil. You'll want to let the Mozzarella sticks cook for 1 minute for the cheese to be cooked all the way through. Watch for cheese leaking out, if they are left in too long all the cheese will leak out.

Warm up some marinara sauce or dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!

Xo. Chels
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

Unknown said...

eric and i are OBSESSED with string cheese. like 3 each day each.
doing this!!
thank you!!

Unknown said...

ok totally doing this