




If you are familiar with my Aunts blog {I Am Momma- Hear Me Roar} & stopped over today you'll have seen what I'm showing you... & they have been around for a while. I switched it up a bit so stick around.
What you need:
Scrapbook paper
Paper cutter
Stapler
Fabric
Scissors
Fabri-Tac
The nice thing about this project is between the coasters I made and the Christmas tree skirt I made I had all of the supplies I needed to do this project, without running to a craft store.
So if you pop on over to my aunts blog you can see more of a step by step picture tutorial. If you want to see that you can find the link on the sidebar.
Now I have two different sizes of paper ornaments. 1 - 3", 2 - 4", 2 - 5" strips make up the smaller size. For the larger I used 1 - 5", 2 - 6", 2 - 7". (All strips are 1" wide but you switch up the length and width to whatever you'd like). Assemble them by layering paper with the smallest strip in the center, the next size on each side and so on... I used staples to hold mine together.
Now this is where I got fancy, I didn't love the way my ends looked unfinished and you could see the staples. So I pulled out my Fabri-Tac adhesive and cut 1" squares of fabric to put on the ends of my ornaments. I also stuck a long 1" strip of fabric under the 1" square so I could hang them easily.
I was pretty pleased with the results of my easy quick window display for Christmas! If you are feeling extra festive feel free to tie a bow with remaining fabric onto your dog. Don't worry they'll still love you, even if your pet is a boy and you just tied a bow around his neck. :)
Xxo. Chels
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
2 comments:
look at you, being super crafty and housewifey all the time! love you.
Those look great. Clever idea with the fabric covering the ends. You tree is so cute too!
Cheri
Post a Comment