Monday, November 28

the season




Jordan and I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. We got together with the Horrocks family for a Thanksgiving lunch, then headed to my grandparents for the Heaton Thanksgiving dinner. It's so good to see everyone & be grateful for all the blessings we have.

It's rare for me to feel full, I think something is wrong with me... I ate and ate, then ate some more ALL weekend long and I could still eat more. SO much good food, then much needed naps- Blue got in on that action too. I was assigned a dessert for Thanksgiving and decided to make a pie. I've never made one before and decided on Strawberry Rhubarb. {My favorite}. I got the cutters from William Sonoma & the recipe from my friend Talia. DELICIOUS.

Saturday we went and bought a tree. It was a cheap $30 one from Smiths Market Place. I'm praying it doesn't die before Christmas... That would suck. Anyway, I spent the evening decorating and I still have a few things I'm making to add, but I rather like it. I made the tree skirt via a Pinterest find. I burned my fingers BAD, but it was worth it. Of course my tree is bird themed...

I'm going to Fashion Place Mall today, {hopefully with my momma}, to do some much needed Christmas shopping. Tis the season, & I'M LOVING IT.

Xo.Chels.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

5 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

that pie was pretty dang good!

ashnicole said...

Your tree looks so cute!

Kelsey Cole said...

was that tree skirt easy to make? I am totally wanting to copy you and make one too :) yours turned out SO cute!

Andrea said...

Chels- I stumbled upon your blog via facebook. I saw in a magazine a brilliant idea about saving the cut off piece of your christmas tree every year and writing the year on it and using it as an ornament? I LOVED that idea - too bad Brandt and I are 10 years in...but you're just starting out with Jordan. Just an idea. Cute blog - hope you don't mind if I stalk.

iammommahearmeroar said...

Love the tree skirt. I need to make one of those. Ours is super tiny and can't really be seen under the tree :) The pie was gorgeous! Wow.

Cheri