Sunday, April 17

3 Weeks Young

This week girlfriend is a month old! What?? Time has flown by.

Gemma enjoys baths, snuggles all day and night, kicking my stomach (still), and eating (I'm so glad she's a fast nurser). 

Gemma hates diaper changes and clothing changes- basically anything cold, and sleeping by herself. 

We've been working on tummy time, entertaining herself, and keeping the pacifier in. 

She's been giving us lots of gassy smiles, her hair is getting lighter, she took her first bottle with no fuss, is rolling from her tummy to her back, is getting longer and is quite the string bean, and is a feisty sweet little lady. 

Being a mom has been an adjustment. Sometimes I love the time to bond while nursing, and other times I dread it. It takes a lot of time to feed and care for a newborn. Yesterday morning I changed 8 diapers. 8!! Gemma has been cluster feeding and I can feed her up every hour or two. It's exhausting. Some days I'm super productive and feel like super mom and other days I accomplish nothing and feel worthless. I look forward going back to work but stress about being away from my baby and pumping enough for her to eat while I'm away. It's an emotional roller coaster this mom gig. Hopefully we all make it out alive. 


































No comments: