Wednesday, February 19

Valentine

Valentines Day is never a big to do for Jordan and I. With the holiday and our birthdays in the same 2 weeks it can be a bit much, BUT I can't let a holiday go by without celebrating, so celebrate we did. 


I spent the day off with my mom making Cutlers glazed sugar cookies. The one pictured above got a little wrinkled from sitting on the edge of the plate. I swear it originally looked as pretty as the fox pictured below. It was an excellent way to spend a day off. Sidenote: Can I tell you how cute my parents are? Even if didn't have my own valentine I would love the holiday because of the love my parents have for each other and the example they are to me. Aww. 


I made a special fox cookie for my foxy valentine. Although I could do without the beard these days... Subtle, no? 


I asked Blue to be my valentine. He said dream on. 


My love and I watching 'The Vow',  chowing down on Chinese takeout and sipping on sparkling cider. I made mango sticky rice for dessert. Yum! I'd say I'm a pretty low key valentine. Lucky Jord! 

Jordan took me to the mall to get my customary lipstick, (we've done this every year we have been married), this year I opted for a pretty lipgloss. I also got a gorgeous long robe and a Sees bourdoux heart. Jordan got a memory foam pillow and a handmade leather bound journal. It was a simple but sweet Valentines Day. I am lucky to have the love and people I do in my life.  I hope your holiday was filled with love and lots of sugar. ;) xx. 


1 comment:

mary plus vince said...

Oh my! That picture of you and Blue is killing me! So darling.