Wednesday, January 1

Christmas 2013

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. 
We started out Sunday before Christmas decorating Sugar Cookies with the Horrocks. Karen tried a new recipe for the cookies and YUM, so good. 

Blue got to attend this year and was such a good boy. 

Tuesday was my dad's Birthday. I won't reveal his age but he's closer to 50 than 40 but doesn't look a day over 35. To celebrate him ALL of his kids took him to see The Desolation of Smaug. Hello, Orlando Bloom. We ate dinner as a family then got a start on Christmas Eve festivities. We decorated ginger bread house, I went for a 'modern' look. Then my cute momma had some fun games complete with prizes planned. 

Jordan is way into green roof's, so this was my candy version on a green roof. Ha! 


After my parents we headed home to do our own Christmas Eve. Usually we get together with the Heaton's on Christmas Eve, but my grandparents are out of town this year. Jordan carried on the traditional toast this year. We opened pj's and watched Elf together. 


Christmas morning I got up at 6:30 (gahh), to set my rolls out so they would rise before Christmas with the Horrocks. We got to my parents at 8 to have breakfast and open presents with my family. Lance and Andrew still get so excited over Santa and Christmas. I'll be so sad when they are older and don't get as excited. At 12:30 we headed over to Jordan's moms for lunch and presents. I got a new floor lamp for my living room I had been eying! However my favorite part of spending the afternoon at my MIL's is my nephews and niece. 

I love these cuties. 

We headed back to my parents for dinner and dessert. Prime rib, yum! My mom is a fantastic cook if I have never told you. 

She tried a new dessert recipe from Emma the Joy's blog. It was so tasty! Even though I was stuffed I made room for this. Warm ginger cake with a Carmel sauce drizzled over. 

Christmas snuggles with my man. 

We headed home at 8 not even wanting to celebrate Christmas together because we were so beat! We got out the sparkling cider from the night before and managed to stay awake for another couple hours- enjoying our time together before saying goodbye to Christmas for another year. 


We decided Blue needed a Holiday bow. Poor pup. 

We both got some U of U shirts. Represent. 



Blue's corner. Complete with his stocking and own ornament on the tree. 

Little touches of Christmas cheer all over our apartment. 

I decked the pomegranate out with my ornament exchange ornaments. Jordan wasn't thrilled. :) 

My sweet MIL got these fun envelope advent calendars for me and my sister-in-laws. 

It was a good Christmas, I felt so blessed and loved all day. 


No comments: