My ornament this year, (I took a leaf out of Katie Waltman's book and stepped up the wrapping). Thank you to my handy husband for cutting the wood and drilling the holes for the velvet ribbon. I stamped a Christmas word that stood out to me on the front then flipped it over and finished out a hymn to make the ornament double sided.
I can't believe Christmas is next week! I've noticed since being married each year the Holiday's lose a little bit of their magic. It makes me sad- don't get me wrong, I still love this time of year. However, I haven't anticipated it as much. It's snuck up on me this year and I haven't put as much heart into all the fluff. I hope it's simply because I've been busy with work and that I'm not turning into a grinch! I'm sure a lot of Christmas magic will return once I have kids, I'm just in the awkward stage were I'm not a kid anymore but I don't have kids. ;)
Jordan was a sweetheart and picked us out a tree Saturday, (I'm so busy I didn't even have time to go with), and I've taken the day off to decorate and finish up the shopping. If you don't have yours done and have to go out this weekend to finish- I'm so sorry. Since Thanksgiving getting out of our neighborhood on the weekends is a challenge. I suppose that's the price we have to pay living next to temple square. Those dang beautiful lights and excellent City Creek shopping bring everyone in Utah to our neighborhood.


2 comments:
what a fun tradition! and props to you - that ornament idea is adorable, I love it. miss you. see you sunday though! xo
The wrapping and the ornament are to die for! So cute!
Post a Comment