Wednesday, July 24
Ophidiophobia
The fear of snakes. I personally don't think my fear is abnormal or irrational, regardless, they terrify me. I almost came face to face with this fear yesterday. I was waiting last night for Activity Days to start (one of my callings), when the other leader called me asking if one of the girls could bring her snakes, yes plural, snakes. Um, NO! First, I hate snakes. Second, how is that appropriate? We were meeting at the church... Oh my stars, can you imagine the RS Presidents or Bishops reaction if they had walked in and seen a snake in the church? It makes me hysterical. Anyway, back to my fear- had this girl brought her snakes to Activity Days I would have straight up screamed, with a few curse words thrown in there for good measure, then burst into tears. My fear causes me a lot of anxiety. I have nightmares about them. I think somehow they'll break and enter into my home. When gardening or hiking I'm constantly checking my surroundings to make sure one doesn't sneak up on me. Snakes are the devil to me. So now you know, don't threaten me with a snake or I may have a mental break down. Happy Friday! Xx.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm soooo with you 100%. When we first moved into our home we were walking Oakley and a snake ran across my foot and I about died screamed like I was about to be murdered and ran in the opposite direction. Needless to say we don't walk that route anymore.
That's happened to me a couple times! Scarred for life.
Post a Comment