Thursday, December 27

Christmas Blues

I always get in a funk after Christmas is over, it always passes too quickly. Jordan and I had a wonderful Christmas together and that's what matters, we got to spend it together. Here's the full story, if you make it through, you deserve a cookie.

>>

Sunday we went to Church in Bountiful for my parents ward Christmas program. It was so wonderful to catch up with loved ones and see so many familiar faces. Later that night we got together with the Horrocks family to decorate sugar cookies and have good food/company. It's always fun to see who is the most creative! I think our nephew, Ben, won this round. When we got home we (*cough* I) decided we could each open one gift. Blue got a new collar with an updated tag, Jordan got a handsome new shirt, and I got a gorgeous long sweater that is so warm.

>>

On Christmas Eve it's my pops Birthday. We were about to go see the Hobbit with my family but I'm glad we didn't because it was SOLD OUT. I spent the morning cleaning and cooking while Jordan went into work for a few hours. That afternoon we headed to my grandparent Heaton's house for their annual Christmas Eve bash! My grandma knows how to throw a party. Too much food to eat, games, stories, toasts, singing and gifts. It's my favorite part of Christmas. Jordan got a set of camping chairs, some sweets and tools. I came home with a cute purse along with a pretty print of a bird and a clock. It was a good time! We came home and opened pajama's from each other and headed to bed for our early morning.

>>

We woke up at 6 to be to my parents at 7. With my brothers being young still, it makes Christmas seeing their excitement and joy over it all. Let me tell you, I think this year was the best. They were adorable. Shaking the whole room from excitement over a gift. Taking pictures with their gaming devices. I about died, they were that cute. Jordan and I were both surprised to open up a cooler, tent, sleeping bags and a cooktop from my parents. I guess they got tired of us borrowing their things to go camping. ;) I'm anxious for it to be warm now to get up into the mountains and test it all out! My brothers got us some goodies too including a gift card for sushi, and some classic movies. My mom made a delicious breakfast and right as we were finishing up Jordan got a call from work to head in for an hour or so. Luckily he had enough time between my parents and his mums it all worked out fine.

Around 10:30 Jordan came to retrieve me from my parents and we zipped on over to his mums. Jordan's mom is a sweetheart and does a stocking for everyone. The couples share one and it's always fun to see what creative things she stuffs in them. After stockings we move onto gifts, taking turns from youngest on up. Jordan received a dremel from his mum and I got a darling new tea kettle. The siblings all exchange gifts and his brother Jens and wife Audree got us a lovely new sheet set and a pretty doormat for the back door we now have! After gifts we ate a yummy lunch of ham, potatoes and rainbow jello! A Karen speciality. A highlight was I got to touch my first pregnant belly! My sister in law Audree is due next week. Strange I know, but I had never touched a pregnant belly before and I think it's worth mentioning. It was strange and neat all in one.

We then headed home quick to celebrate just Jord, Blue and I. We had stuffed stockings for each other which I really enjoyed, Blue too. I got lots of goodies. Cute tall socks (one of my favorite things), real gold top coat nail polish, hair products, treats treats and more treats, new music and movies, and jewelry. Jordan had just opened his big gift, black dress shoes, and I thought we were all done. Jordan then started on about how he didn't think we were done and that there was one more gift behind the tree. I said no, but he insisted that there was one more. So I look behind the tree. I squealed I was so excited. There behind the tree, in a Nordstrom bag, were the Hunter Wellies I've been dying to have for over a year. The sneaky boy had been hiding them in the water heater/furnace closet that never gets opened, and had set them behind the tree when he had to run home to get his keys for work that morning. I had no idea they were there. That man spoils me.

It was then time for dinner and we headed back to Bountiful to eat dinner with my parents and grandparents. I had left my phone at their house earlier that morning and of course go to check it before dinner. As I'm looking at Instagram, I notice Jordan has tagged me in a post... The man spoiled me again! Ellie Goulding tickets!! Guys, I had shed tears because I thought her concert was sold out and I was dumb and hadn't bought tickets right away. No worries, my husband was looking out for me and bought tickets a couple months ago. I had the biggest grin on my face at that point. We ate a delicious dinner cooked by my momma, gosh can that woman cook brisket to perfection. Then chatted and played some games. When we got home we crashed. It was such a wonderful filled Christmas.

>>

I am so beyond grateful for my savior. His example. His teachings. For the life he has given me. Without him I wouldn't have had these past few beautifully filled days of family and good times. I am also filled with love and appreciation for my husband. He treats me so well, I do not deserve him. He's thoughtful, compassionate, dedicated and gives far more than he receives. Thank you for making our 5th Christmas together one for the books. Also, thank you readers+friends+family for a wonderful year of blogging. Your comments always put a smile on my face and I appreciate you being here. Happy Holidays! Xx.




















4 comments:

Kelsey Cole said...

It sounds like we had similar holiday schedules with both our families and in-laws living close by! So fun. Oh my gosh that instagram post with the Ellie tickets was the cutest thing ever, Jordan is THE MAN!
And I LOVE your socks and wellies. Tall socks are one of my favorite things as well :)
Loved reading about your holidays and I'm so happy we've gotten to know each other better through blogging! We should plan a real-life get together some day soon :)

ashnicole said...

I'm so jealous of your Hunters and cute socks! Sounds like you had a great Christmas, and you make it seem so easy going between each family :) Happy New Year!

Mara and Jae said...

love it! love you.

Unknown said...

your hubs is a keeper. your socks + boots are the cutest thing everrrrr. i need some socks like that to wear with mine. so glad you had a good christmas!