Thursday, August 30

The sign I must have hanging around my neck.

I decided that when I'm alone at work I have a "hey you, yes you over there, I'd LOVE for you to come talk to me" sign around my neck. The girls I've been gardening with this summer have gone back to school or up and gotten themselves married. That leaves me. Just me. While it's been just me, I've been hit on by a hippie drifter, (this I just can't figure out since I wear my husbands clothes to work and look like a boy)- And little Children approach me more often than not. Then of course their parents come along and act like I'm a creep who is going to snatch up their kids. Listen lady, your kid came up and was talking to ME. We're in a park woman, I work for the Parks Department, get it? AND look at me, I may look like a boy but really, do I look like a kidnapper. I don't think so... Anyway, back to the children talking my ear off. A group of kids came over yesterday and were talking to me about all that good stuff, puppies, candy and sweet summer days... When one of the girls pipes up, your job looks like it sucks... Yep. You know you have it bad when a child even says so. So this is my sign to you, universe: Hey fall, hurry it up.

2 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

haha! love you!! even if you look kidnapper-ish ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggle Chel. Keep up the good work. Fall will be here before you know it. 8)