Artichoke Cous Cous
1 package Cous Cous
1 can Chick Peas
1 jar Artichoke Hearts (drained & sliced)
3 cups Water
1 Bay Leaf
3/4 tsp dried Oregano
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tb Olive Oil
1/3 cup chopped Nuts of choice
1 tb Lemon Juice
2 tb chopped Parsley
Bring water, olive oil, salt, bay leaf, pepper, and oregano to a boil. Pour in Cous Cous. Bring back to a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. At this point I remove the bay leaf. Stir in remaining ingredients, let sit for 5 more minutes covered before serving. *I add shredded chicken and serve Cranberry sauce on the side to make this a full meal. I also usually add another jar of artichoke hearts (depending on the size) because I really like artichoke hearts. Sometimes I add dried parsley and no oregano, add a lot more lemon juice, forget the chick peas and add sunflower seeds instead of nuts.* Play around with it and let me know if you try it out!
In other news, we've had a very relaxed weekend. We rented a ton of movies and stayed in both Friday and Saturday night, we love living life on the edge. Today will be about the same. Husband could care less about the Super Bowl, and let's be real, I only pretend to care for the food. Happy Sunday!
Xo.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
1 comment:
I found a really awesome solution to know fasting...have babies and then nurse those babies! It's working out for me! Haha!
Post a Comment