Tuesday, November 23

Blizzard.

I was SO nervous about the storm all day. I was supposed to work 3:30-9:00pm, but went in at 1:30 because my employee lives in Tooele and needed to get home before the storm hit. And I'm a nice manager, fyi. FIRST, all the schools closed down, THEN the governor sent all state employee's home 2 hours early... AND I'm stuck at the outdoor shopping center. Something wrong with that? Yes, yes there is. Like anyone would go to an outdoor mall in the freezing cold and "blizzard like conditions". Living is more important then the shopping at that mall. My boss was convinced it was just "hype" this storm would be bad, and the mall was being greedy and playing chicken with all the stores. THEN, you could see the wall of black creeping across the sky. I called my boss for the tenth time basically begging for him to let me go home. He called mall management to see if the stores were allowed to close, they finally caved and were letting the stores close. I haven't closed that shop so fast in my life. Walking/running to my car it was already snowing quite bad. I drove home not exceeding 40mph the entire way. You couldn't see more that ten feet in front of you and I didn't want to push my Passat, as I had never driven it in the snow before. It was a champ though. I hope you are all home safe nice and snug... Happy winter. It's here.

No comments: