Monday, May 23

Mom Musings

Gemma is so scrawny she wiggles out of her pjs at night. She also turns sideways in her bassinet and shoves her face into the fabric. It freaks me out when I wake up and she's like that with her pj's half off. 







She snorts like a pig when she is hungry and if I don't get her food fast enough. 





G's smiles really do make all of the hard mom moments worth it. Also her just wanting to snuggle with me all the time is the best. Lately she's let me work in the kitchen while she sleeps in the wrap. My cooking is limited with her strapped to me and I'm terrified of using knives but she's so sweet it's okay. 






She officially rolled over May 13th. (She had rolled over a few times prior, once when she was a couple weeks old, but on our couches so I wasn't counting it.) We were visiting Jord at work for lunch having a picnic and she decided to show off for dad. 

She's two months old and we get asked every time we take her out how old she is. They always expect us to say a couple days or weeks. She's tiny. 








She's been getting some screen time lately. We took her to her first movie, The Jungle Book, when we went to the drive in recently. I couldn't keep her little eyes away from the big screen and sometimes watching the tv is the only thing that calms her down. Worst mom over here! 








We've been making it to church the past couple weeks and well, church will never be the same. 






If we can't get Gigi to calm down all we have to do is take her outside and in an instant all is okay. She loves the outdoors! 

I'm feeling really grateful for my mental health lately. Recently a lot of women are coming forward about their struggles with postpartum depression and it sounds so scary and sad. While there were a couple hard weeks when Gemma was about a month old and we were getting the hang of things once she was out of her sleepy newborn phase, I have remained happy and in love with this little girl and I'm so thankful for that. I'm in awe of the strength of moms and so proud of everyone sharing their stories and hardships. 

That's life lately. Being a mom is so hard and our mornings are far from perfect but I love coming home to her sweet face after work in the evenings each day. I kind of like her. 










No comments: