Sunday, January 17

The Cantaloupe



How far along? 30 weeks. 
Maternity Clothes? Jordan put a belly band in my stocking for Christmas and it's been so great. It should get me through the rest of this pregnancy. It's the only actual maternity item I use.  
Sleep: I have slept so well lately. Getting comfortable and falling asleep isn't the easiest but not bad, and once I'm asleep I sleep all.night.long. Which probably means I'm not drinking enough. Oops, I'll be better. I do get leg cramps here and there but usually when I'm waking up in the morning. 
Best moment this week: Getting our bedroom remodels finished and having carpet installed. I can't wait to set up the nursery! 
Miss anything? Less back pain? Haha. 
Movement: Baby G was not happy Scarlett was in her space earlier and kept kicking Scarlett in the head. I thought it was hilarious. 
Food cravings: Pancakes are the most recent craving. Also a Strawberry Milkshake. Jordan was happy to oblige to the milkshake, but I'm still waiting for my pancakes. **UPDATE** Jordan made me pancakes the other night for dinner. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? I got quite sick last night due to a nasty UTI. More on that below. 
Gender: Girl. I was hoping we would get to have an ultrasound last night at Labor and Delivery, but we just got to listen to her heartbeat and kicks for over an hour. 
Labor Signs: I'm not 100% sure on that. 
Belly Button in or out? Weirdest thing, Jordan and I discovered I have a mole in my belly button. I had no idea! It's usually so deep and tight that you can't see in it at all. I've been so fascinated by my changing belly button that I even measured it, it's a little over a 1/4" deep now (I sit in front of a measuring tape all day at work...). We'll see how shallow it gets! 
Weddings rings on or off? On. I've been glad I have escaped a lot of pregnancy woes. Rings still fit, belly button hasn't popped out, no stretch marks, no line down my belly. I have gotten a few new tiny spider veins in my legs but that's it. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but if I'm not feeling good I get ornery fast. 
Looking forward to: My baby shower coming up on the 30th! 

Yesterday afternoon I felt a UTI coming on. I put it off until 4pm when I started to get uncomfortable. I sent Jordan to the store for cranberry juice and debated calling the on call doctor for the clinic I go to. At 6pm I called my mom and she talked me into calling the doctor to see what they could do for me. By 7pm I was seriously miserable and in a lot of pain. I threw up everything in my stomach, had awful back pain, and chills. The on call doctor wanted me to come into Labor and Delivery so to the hospital we went.  UTI + pregnancy = a super mean UTI. Jordan did such a good job taking care of me and getting us to the hospital quickly. They hooked up some monitors to see how baby was doing and I threw up once more. I then got an IV of fluids and zofran and we waited for test results. I may have a kidney infection, but we'll find out tomorrow. Until then I'm feeling better on an antibiotic and resting up. The antibiotic didn't kick in last night until around 2am and I was in a lot of pain until then, so I was pretty exhausted today. Feeling grateful today for modern medicine and a husband who takes good care of me. Let's hope there aren't any more trips to Labor and Delivery until this little girl is due! 


No comments: