Wednesday, October 2

Reese's Cookies

While meandering through the grocery store I passed the new mini candy bags. You know, the tiny adorable unwrapped candy? I told myself, self, those would be yummy in a cookie. So I grabbed some and I was on my way.



My absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe: 

Preheat oven to 350•

1/2 Cup Sugar
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Stick and 3 Tablespoons Butter
(The REAL stuff, don't go putting any margarine up in there.)
1 Egg 
2 Teaspoons Vanilla

Mix the white and brown sugars. Add butter and cream till fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. 

2 Cups Flour
1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/4 Teaspoon Salt 
8 Ounces Chocolate Chips
(Substitute Chocolate Chips out for Reese's Peanut-butter Cups.)

Mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Mix wet and dry ingredients- don't over beat. Also, don't add any Reese's yet. 

A cookie scoop was key for the next step. 


With your cookie scoop, scoop up some dough, but before putting it on your cookie sheet, shove a Reese's into the center until the dough starts smashing out. Use the smashed out dough to cover the Reese's and transfer to your cookie sheet. BAM! Bake for 8 minutes, (that's the money time), and enjoy! 


Blue was all about the cookies.


This is a 1/3 of the original recipe, because trust me, you don't want that many of these babies sitting around your house. 

3 comments:

Jenna said...


Oh my word. UGH. I should make Emma make these little gems.

Kristen said...

Yumm! My boyfriend would LOVE these!
Xo
Keeping it thrifty

mary plus vince said...

oh my. these look delicious!! definitely will be trying these this weekend.