Big news over here!
Are you ready for it?
Jordan is done with school until fall and has now been graduated since December with an Associates from SLCC in general studies.
Yay!
Long story short he was doing biology, then switched to architecture, then wasn't loving that so he dropped classes this semester and applied to graduate with general studies.
I'm just thrilled he is done.
Now on to bigger and better things.
He's also graduating with high honors. He's a smart cookie, that one.
In other news, the clean eating is going quite well. We didn't do so well over the weekend because I like to go out on dates, and we went to my parents for dinner and I couldn't say no to the apple pie. Then we went to my grandparents and she had gluten free pear tart and you definitely can't say no to that. It was worth it. However, I didn't expect us to be perfect at this over night. We are still getting rid of some junk that's in the house that I didn't want to throw out but couldn't give away. I don't think anyone would appreciate my half eaten tub of Rocky Road ice cream that I eat straight out of the container. I'm classy like that. And if you would appreciate that, gross. Anyway, my dinners are going well. I made an awesome vegetarian soup that I made up the recipe for as I went along. The stuffed ground turkey bell peppers last week were a hit. And I really enjoyed the avocado salad over Cous Cous. (Actually I kind of made up most of the recipes.) Overall we have eaten more fruits and vegetables, less processed foods, less sweets, and have been drinking more water. I say that's a victory. Although Valentine's today, Jordan's birthday next Thursday, and mine the Friday after that won't help us at all- I'm feeling good.
Happy Valentine's Day! XO

No comments:
Post a Comment