Sunday, August 19

Weekends and Dates

We have had some pretty good weekends and date nights around these parts lately. Last weekend Jordan surprised me and took me to Color me Mine. I LOVE Color me Mine. If you haven't been, go. We finished the night off with Cafe Rio, which you can never go wrong with. Never, I tell you.

This past Friday we took the motorcycle and rode up The Pie, (& almost died trying to get past the Conference Center where Pres. Monson's 85th Birthday celebration was being held. Crazy Mormon drivers). It was delicious and fun as always. After dinner we stopped home and grabbed a blanket and rode up the hill to the Capitol to watch The Sand Lot. I had never seen The Sand Lot so that was a treat.

Yesterday Blue and I started off the day by going to the SLC Farmers Market with my mum. I got a pretty gold necklace and had good conversation with my momma. The Farmers Market is always a good time. Blue loves going and getting lots of attention from dog lovers. People think he is the cutest, as do I. Jord was a good sport and helped the Elders move furniture and things out of home in the ward of a sweet old lady that past away recently so another family in the ward could move in. Next on our Saturday agenda was floating the Weber river. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. If you have never floated down a river you really should. The weather was great. It was just Jord and I so it was nice and peaceful. The scenery was beautiful. We all around had a great time. We went about this through a company in Morgan called Barefoot Tubing- It took 2 hours, they provided the tubes and life vests, drove us to the drop off, and it only cost $20 per person. I can't wait to go again. After floating the river we were starving an stopped at In n' Out. We then hurried home to shower and headed to Bountiful for a wedding reception. Congratulations to Emily & Daniel! It was quite the full Saturday.

Today is filled with cleaning, church and a family dinner. A perfect end to the weekend. Jord had the past 2 weeks off of school but it's back to school this week. He didn't get a 4.0 this semester but he did get all A's! I'm so proud of him. He'll be graduating from SLCC this coming Spring with an associates in Architecture. After that it will be up to the U. He is such a hard worker and in grateful for his dedication to school while working a full time job. I sure do love that guy.

Xx Chels.

Picture Update-
1. Morning Bathroom hangouts with Blue.
2. Movie under the stars.
3. Jordan's motorcycle he got on our anniversary that I never posted about. A 2006 Honda Shadow. We call it the Silver Shadow.
4. Trying to eat healthy. More salads being put on the menu.
5. Cookie the Guinea Pig. He lives in the bushes at Cheese Park. We visit him at work.
6. Farmers Market necklace.
7. I found this spool on the side of Beck Street the same day my aunt posted about this: http://www.iammommahearmeroar.net/2012/08/where-to-find-wooden-spool-and-how-to.html?m=1
Naturally I made Jordan turn around and bring it home with us. It will serve the purpose of a coffee table. Any suggestions on what to do with it as far as paint etc. are welcome.
8. Color me Mine treasures. The honey pot is mine, the butter dish Jord's.

4 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

Ah! You found an AWESOME spool! I love it! Can't wait to see what you guys do with it! Woohoo!

Cheri

Mara and Jae said...

you guys have been busy! i'm glad you've had more jordan time while he's been out of school :) we need to hang out, we miss you guys!! xo.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! An update. :)
JORD...... YOU ARE AWESOME! Way to go with straight A's (again). I'm so proud of you!
Great find on the road. I'm excited to see what you do with it. I'm thinking you will do a vintage color. Just a guess though. :)
Loving your cute (cool) butter dish and honeypot. Super fun stuff.
I love all of the pictures you post.
You make me happy. :)
I love you both!!!

Gretch said...

I am a little, well a lot jealous. I have always loved big spools. I say prime it, then look around your room, that it will be in, and find a color that calls out to you!

That is so great!!

:) Gretch