Saturday, April 14

Oh, Easter







I love you, but I am SO relieved you're over. Our weekend was packed full.

First, my lovely parents took us out to dinner. It was a good time. Then we headed up the hill. Jordan's brother, Jae and his beautiful wife, Mara took out their endowments in the Bountiful Temple. The session was late in the first place and then afterwards we got together with Jord's family for dessert. I was worn out, but it was fun to be with family.

Saturday, Jae and Mara were sealed forever. It was a beautiful day. We are so happy for them. I'm grateful for forever families. Afterwards there was a early dinner at Joy Luck. Yum. Jord and I hurried home after because he had yet to write his talk for church the next day. Yikes! After a little bit of working on that we headed to North Salt Lake to spend time with Jord's dad who was in town to see everyone. Another late night.

Sunday morning I woke up early to set out some Easter goodies for my boys. Blue loves his toy bunny. I started getting anxious around 1pm as we headed to church. Needless to say, I'm glad it's over. Speaking in church is never my favorite. We ended the day at my parents with a delicious dinner and an egg hunt.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend. I'm grateful for my Savior, not only his atonement but his whole life, example and teachings. Being in the Temple with Jordan Easter weekend and one month exactly before our one year anniversary was special. I love that man more than I can express. This weekend so far we've spent cruising around downtown, eating good food and hanging out at home. Just what I needed. I think I'll even go take a nap now.
Xx. Chels.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.
Congrats to Jords family. That's wonderful.
Gpa and Gma say hello and they miss you. They will be home in a couple of weeks.
Love you! And.. love that skirt on you. Very flattering.

Chels said...

Thank you. We miss them!
Do you know exactly when they are coming back? I'm hoping they wouldn't mind watching Blue the 5th-7th while Jord and I celebrate our anniversary. My parents can't because of dads allergies. :( Xo.

Emily said...

cute skirt chels, I love it, I'm glad it's over too, holidays are always fun but wayy to stressful!

ashnicole said...

Luckily I haven't had to speak in church for six-ish years {knock on wood}. Love your outfit outside the temple! And can't believe it's almost anniversary time, time really does go faster the older you get...

Unknown said...

you are so beautiful, your skirt is perfect for spring. a talk on easter - stressful!! i'm sure you did a great job :)