Monday, June 27

Echo


I want a puppy pretty bad. A beagle puppy preferably. Jord keeps telling me no, and I have to agree with him despite my want for a pup. Living with his brother and not knowing where we may be in a year, having a tiny/no yard, Jord and I both working full time and Jord heading back to school, and my allergies to pets all say now isn't the best time for a dog. However, I needed some type of pet so on Saturday we stopped by the pet store and bought me a new friend! I've always loved birds (obviously), so she was a perfect match- Cue Echo. She (or he), is a Orange cheeked Waxbill. She is fairly quiet, loves baths, wags her tail like a dog, starts chirping if you whistle, freaks out if you stick your face next to her cage, and spills bird seed everywhere. I love having a little someone to take care of and talk to. Maybe when Jord catches me talking to myself he will now just assume I'm talking to the bird! I kid. I don't talk to myself. That much... Aha. Anyway, there you go, Jord's and my new baby. You now know I'm not a crazy cat lady, instead I'm a crazy bird lady.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

2 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

a bird?? whaa??? well i wasn't expecting that! except i guess i should've considering it's you...and you have a bird obsession. well sweet. i want to see this little lovely soon. good luck with her!

Gretch said...

Chelsea-
I just love your blog!
It is so fun to know what is going on with you two?
Birds are one of my favorite things about the outdoors! I love them. I had loads of birds as pets growing up! They sure are a nice addition to a home!
Love you- Gretch