Here's our story. It's long, and messy- But it's ours and has a happy ending.
Jordan and I had met once before, but it was brief and he was a love interest/dating a friend of mine at the time so I just skip over that part. The first real time Jordan and I met was at a Track meet back in High School. I was a Junior at Woods Cross High, and Jord was a Senior at Bountiful High. We were both sprinters. This particular meet was a 2 day event. The first day was coming to a close and I was sitting on the bleachers with my friends when one of my guy friends came over. He said a boy he knew wanted to give me his phone number but wouldn't tell me who, then he held out his phone for me to retrieve the number. Bad move, I saw the boys name above the number as soon as he held out the phone. First of all, I was shocked because the first time Jord and I had met I wasn't the nicest, I had major attitude with boys in high school because I didn't know how to act. I think he had forgotten who I was when he initially told the boy to give me his number. Second, smooth move Jord, send someone else to do the dirty work. Third, I had pretty low self esteem before my senior year due to bad friendships and awkward stages. I thought my best friend Mikenna was so much prettier than I so I assumed he must have wanted her to text him, not me. I thought Jord was the cutest boy and text him the moment I could. Turns out it was my number he wanted, I was so excited.
We hung out time to time over the next year and talked often. I was completely smitten and made it a personal goal to make him my boyfriend. He was hard to get... He was attending Utah State and had a girlfriend from high school he remained close with. It was on and off again but I didn't give up. By the end of my senior year, a whole year later, I snagged him. He bought me flowers and told me he loved me. Our relationship from then held a lot of good fond memories but was a bit rocky from time to time, and we had some heartache. In 2010 we started to figure things out out. We talked a lot about a future together and I think he finally knew I was the girl he wanted it all with. A house, kids, pets, traveling the world... The whole package.
June 11, 2010 in San Diego Jordan took me on a date. He had purchased an entire outfit for me previous to the date. Cute Sam Edelman heels, a classy Nordstrom's dress and the best leggings from Free People. He has good taste, (and knows what I like). He took me to a fancy Italian restaurant. I was fairly uncomfortable because we were by far the youngest couple there. Everyone looked to be 50+. I had the most amazing ravioli. Mm.
After dinner he started driving the wrong way and I was worried we would get lost. He promised he knew a different way and we would be fine. At that point I knew something was up. We pulled into a dock about 10 minutes later and walked to a little place on the edge of the water. It was a cute little Gondola shack.
They took us onto the water past the dock backyards of San Diego Mansions. It was a clear night and the stars were out. We snuggled under a blanket, listening to beautiful Italian music and ate chocolate covered strawberries. It was magical. The ride came to an end and we walked back to the car... I was a bit disappointed because I was so sure that he was going to propose during the gondola ride. We started driving back the way we came. Jordan seemed to be looking for something but wouldn't tell me what. Finally he got frustrated and said he couldn't find the beach, we never did find that beach... Anyways, after not being able to find the beach and still driving, Jord pulled a diary out of his bag and handed it to me. He always encourages me to write so I thought he was giving the diary to write more. I said thank you and set it down next to me. He then got mad at me and told me to open it, (it had a lock on it.) Now, apparently the lock was supposed to be locked and I was supposed to dig through his bag, finding a ring box with the key to unlock the diary. But, that's not what happened. I was able to pop the diary right open, the inside was cut out and nestled in there was my beautiful ring. He pulled the car over and said his bit and put the ring on my finger.
We will be back in San Diego on June 11th this year, just a little after a month of being married. I can't imagine being with anyone else. We have been through a lot together in these 4 years. He is such a sweet, considerate, gentleman... He always puts me first. He's my other half. We are down to 77 days until the rest of forever and I can't wait. I love you Jordan Connor Horrocks, you're mine for always.





1 comment:
Cute cute cute! You guys are obviously perfect together, I'm so happy for you. And I'm glad your self esteem issue only lasted a little bit because you are flawless and you know it. 77 day woo woo!
Post a Comment